Printing on PC is as popular as knowing that the earth is spherical but printing from our mobile devices i.e our phones, that’s a whole different story entirely.
Every day our smartphones get smarter and become more and more feature-rich. Researchers and engineers are trying to bridge the gap between the PC experience and the mobile experience by bringing more PC features into the mobile systems.
Our smartphones are capable of connecting to a printer so that we can print seamlessly as we will do on a PC. While this is not a new feature on both the Android and iOS ecosystems, it is however not as popular as should be.
The whole idea of a powerful computer in our pockets and in the palm of our hands is to make our lives easier, reduce stress, and save us a ton of time so that we can generally become more productive and do more with our limited time – man’s most precious resource.
Mobile printing does have one limitation in that it may not work smoothly if at all with older printers. Printers over a decade ago generally do not ship with Wifi functionality which is essential in printing directly from your phone but other than that, mobile printing can save your life when you can’t get to your PC.
To print documents from your smartphones, follow the steps highlighted below. The exact location of Settings items may differ from one phone brand to another but this should provide a general guide of what to look out for.
- The First step is to make sure your phone and a printer are on the same Wifi network.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Locate Connection and Sharing or its equivalent and tap on it.
- On the next screen look out for Printing and tap on it.
- On the next screen there are two options. To print out from an actual printer, tap on System Printing Service.
- If step (1) is done correctly, the printer should appear in the next screen after a few seconds or minutes depending on the strength of the connection. If you’re connecting for the first time it may take a while.
- Select the printer and establish connection.
- Now go to the file you wish to print, a picture in gallery, a Document in File Manager whatever you want.
- Tap the Share command.
- Select the Printer Icon or the Print label, depending on your phone.
- In the next screen, adjust the settings as desired.
- Next, tap on Select Printer or its equivalent.
- In the next screen the printer in step (1) should be available to use.
- Select that and attend to a few other settings before tapping Print.
- Your document should now be printed in paper for you.